ACCA or CPA "each country"?

Old Oct 21st 2014, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: ACCA or CPA "each country"?

Originally Posted by Wombat7
To confuse things more, in Canada three accounting professions have Merged and are now all CPA, though each designation for the new several years will be "CPA CA" , "CPA CGA" or "CPA CMA" - to distinguish - without question the CA qualification was significantly more difficult to get than the CGA
I think we will see a lot of this sort of activity in the future. CA Australia recently merged with CA New Zealand, they have tried five times in Australia to merge CA with CPA and each time failed. We may see a convergence in the future of the six bodies which make up the Global Accounting Alliance.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

barnaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACCA or CPA "each country"?

Personally, I would go with the ACA, though admittedly I am biased because it's what I studied all those years ago.

I am sure the ACCA is just as good in reality, but I think ACA is seen as the benchmark standard as is certainly the most common in the big firms.

Of course, if you do decide on the ACCA I am sure you will do just as well.

Like everybody else on here says, in reality all firms want to see is that you are qualified and hopefully did well in your exams. After that, it's all about the quality of your experience.