ACCA to CPA Australia

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

saadi939 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACCA to CPA Australia

Originally Posted by JOE2010
Which country is this?

I am not very sure on this but I do not think it is easy to get PR as an accountant without work experience. Internships are also very competitive and employers will be very reluctant to sponsor a student when they can get experienced workers at no cost.

If you can afford the student fees that may be an easier option, you get a temporary visa for 18 months (after completing your degree) which allows you to look for work. But it is no guarantee and the rules may change.
Well I would like to keep the country's name confidential. Otherwise I am afraid this informative thread might turn into a political discussion (it might not, but there is a risk, so leave it be). Anyways,

Hm. I get your point about work experience.

I think I can afford the fees of 3 ACCA papers. So I would like to know more about the temporary visa you mentioned. Is it offered only after a degree or a qualification too? Because I'll be studying ACCA there (which is not a degree), but I will be getting the BSc. (hons.) from OBU as I study for the last 3 papers. And you are talking about Australia right? I'v heard that Australia is currently under populated, so the Govt. encourages immigrants (is it true)? Also I will be ready to pay any agents' fees if they increase the chances of me getting employed, does that increases the chances of me finding an employment in any ways?
And I look forward to give my exams for last ACCA papers in this coming december 2012 attempt. So ill be migrating very soon. I hope these rules don't change this quick.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by saadi939
Well I would like to keep the country's name confidential. Otherwise I am afraid this informative thread might turn into a political discussion (it might not, but there is a risk, so leave it be). Anyways,

Hm. I get your point about work experience.

I think I can afford the fees of 3 ACCA papers. So I would like to know more about the temporary visa you mentioned. Is it offered only after a degree or a qualification too? Because I'll be studying ACCA there (which is not a degree), but I will be getting the BSc. (hons.) from OBU as I study for the last 3 papers. And you are talking about Australia right? I'v heard that Australia is currently under populated, so the Govt. encourages immigrants (is it true)? Also I will be ready to pay any agents' fees if they increase the chances of me getting employed, does that increases the chances of me finding an employment in any ways?
And I look forward to give my exams for last ACCA papers in this coming december 2012 attempt. So ill be migrating very soon. I hope these rules don't change this quick.
I asked about where you are from because you mentioned the ACCA is not allowed in accounting firms, which is strange.

Regarding the student visa, this is not for the three papers but you will need to enrol in a uni for a degree or post graduate course. Have a look at www.immi.gov.au for more information. You can not get a visa to study your ACCA papers.

Also, as I mentioned before, without work experience it is impossible to migrate whether you have an agent or not.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

saadi939 is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked about where you are from because you mentioned the ACCA is not allowed in accounting firms, which is strange.

Regarding the student visa, this is not for the three papers but you will need to enrol in a uni for a degree or post graduate course. Have a look at www.immi.gov.au for more information. You can not get a visa to study your ACCA papers.

Also, as I mentioned before, without work experience it is impossible to migrate whether you have an agent or not.
hm for that, I am in pakistan. From 4th of july 2012, the Accountancy governing body in pakistan (ICAP) has issued a letter advising all accountancy firms operating in pakistan (including the member firms of The Big 4) to refrain from recruiting any student/affiliate of any foreign accountancy body as trainee (including ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW). Now this is a total disaster here locally for all the ACCA students especially.

So do you know of any college / university that gives any exemption on any of its courses to ACCA students or qualified? I know of some universities and colleges in the UK that gives some SIGNIFICANT exemptions. But are there any in Australia too?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:41 am
Just Joined

sahara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Joe2010, Em a Kenyan CPA thinkin of coming down south in the near future. Some few questions regarding the same if you don't mind please
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 12:03 am
Just Joined

The MRA appears to have been terminated, so you would have to do the exams again if you wish to be a CPA.

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/r...uk-europe.html
Some questions for you Joe2010 regarding conversion to CPA Oz please. Sorry cant PM for now
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sahara88
Some questions for you Joe2010 regarding conversion to CPA Oz please. Sorry cant PM for now
Conversion of what to CPA? Your question really is not very clear at all.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Conversion of what to CPA? Your question really is not very clear at all.
Sorry bruh if i am not clear to you.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:04 am
Just Joined

AkaDisaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone.

Am new to the forum but I have been reading your posts on ACCA. I am an ACCA member with over 10years experiance from South Africa. How easy is it to get a job? Does it matter where you got your experiance from( i.e Africa?) . What are the salary ranges? Am thinking of going to Perth, how is the job market like?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 11:04 am
Just Joined

zasayed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All. I am currently in India working in one of the IT ITES companies. It is a shared services centre and I work there as a manager looking after the general ledger, VAT and cash management processes. Qualification wise I am bachelors in commerce from India and completed my ACCA qualification from London. Over 9 years of work experience in accounting and sales, now in the process of applying for PR in Australia.

My question is, with the kind of work I am in (shared service centre) do you feel that I have a decent chance of getting a job. Are there any qualifications/certifications that I should do before landing in Australia. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:36 am
Just Joined

hthang1408 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saadi939
I am an ACCA student with only 3 papers left. The situation in my local country is getting worse day by day. I wish to move to any developed country which offers secure job future. I plan to give the 3 remaining papers on any other country by getting a student visa. Along with that, obtain the BSc(hons.) from OBU. and after like 6 months or so, start finding the job in that country (ill get an idea of local conditions and procedures by then).
I discussed it with my uncle living in UK. He advised that currently UK is not a good place to find a starting job. Especially just after the end of student visa.
He also said that I should look for Australia or Canada. In these two countries, he said, when i will finish my qualification (ACCA), the Govt. will help me in finding a suitable job, rather than forcing me to go back in my home country.
I am collecting as much info and knowledge about my career, and I need your help.
Is it really true what my uncle said? Can I find a good job quick after finishing my studies in the UK? Or will be better off in Australia or Canada?
I currently have no work experience whatsoever (Apart from an Internship at a Big refining complex here at homeland). And I do not seek to find a millionnaire job. For the start, I only want a work that pays me enough to live Individually on my own, with NORMAL comfort.
P.S I have extraordinary results in my academics. I have a Gold Medal in one of my ACCA papers (achieving highest marks in the world), all other papers passed in first attempt . Currently I am 18.
So please guys, help me in choosing the right country and the right path.
A lot of respect and thanks in advance!

Hi Saadi939,

I think you almost complete your ACCA. When do you start the ACCA so that you almost complete the ACCA when you are 18 years old. I also want my children start global certificate early since my country have not good in the education.

Tks & Best Regards, thang
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

alihassan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sahara88
Sorry bruh if i am not clear to you.
Dear All,

Can any one please confirm of point claim of an Australian Associate Degree.

I have Graduate in commerce B.COM from Pakistan and working in Finance since last ten years. I have asked with CPA Australia for my degree assessment they reply is:

Thank you for your reply and for providing further details about your degree.

I can confirm that a Bachelor Degree completed from the University of Karachi without honours would most likely be comparable to an Australian Associate Degree.

Please provide your input that how much points i can score in lieu with my graduate degree

Regards,
Ali Hassan
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Husnain_01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really feel like I am repeating myself here.

There is nothing wrong with being ACCA in Australia. I have already said it twice on this thread not sure why I have to say it a third time for you but I will try it in capitals this time in the hope it might sink in.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF ACCA QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANTS WORKING HAPPILY IN AUSTRALIA.

Your problem is not going to be that you took ACCA not CPA. Your problem is going to be that you have no work experience. Courses won't make up for that. If you want a successful migration you need to get work experience.

If you thought you could sit a few exams and then emmigrate and find work as an accountant then you were dreaming "my friend". But it is not ACCA that is the problem.
Can you please please contact me on <<email address removed>> I am an ACCA member and need some detailed information on moving to Australia

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 5th 2013 at 4:53 pm. Reason: Please do not put email addresses on the open forum
Old Jul 5th 2013, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Husnain_01
Can you please please contact me on <<email address removed>> I am an ACCA member and need some detailed information on moving to Australia
Post your questions on the forum..

Old Jul 6th 2013, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Husnain_01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Post your questions on the forum..

Just started a new thread. Looking forward to your valuable input as well.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...4#post10786934