Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

AAT - is it recognised in Canada?

AAT - is it recognised in Canada?

Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Nikki1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AAT - is it recognised in Canada?

Hello,

I know i'm not a accountant but thought i might get an answer in this forum.

I've started the application to move to canada and have a degree (not accounting) and my AAT Tech level. I know the degree is fine but just wondered if the AAT is?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:10 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAT - is it recognised in Canada?

Originally Posted by Nikki1985
Hello,

I know i'm not a accountant but thought i might get an answer in this forum.

I've started the application to move to canada and have a degree (not accounting) and my AAT Tech level. I know the degree is fine but just wondered if the AAT is?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
You might get some exemptions from some of the initial courses of the CGA or CMA program of studies if you take them.

For job hunting no one will know what the AAT is so you will need to think of a way to "Canadianize" it. Is there a way you can find out from the AAT people what level of study form the CGA or CMA programs it equates to?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAT - is it recognised in Canada?

There may be no equivalent to AAT in Canada.
http://www.aat.org.uk/content/item2646/