AAT in australia

Old May 29th 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default AAT in australia

Hi all

I have the foundation level exam next month and am hoping to go on and become a technician with the idea that this will be my plan B for a job when we immigrate. But I am trying to get an answer from AATAUS as to whether this qualification can be converted and its like trying to nail blamange to the ceiling!

Has anyone done this or can advise?

JOHN
Old May 31st 2008, 2:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAT in australia

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
But I am trying to get an answer from AATAUS as to whether this qualification can be converted and its like trying to nail blamange to the ceiling!
Converted to what?
Old May 31st 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

The ozzies dont recognise the uk AAT so i need to get it "converted"?

John
Old May 31st 2008, 10:02 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

John
What do you mean they dont recognise AAT?

Its the same organisation and exam board.
Old May 31st 2008, 1:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

AAT operates in Australia in conjunction with the three major accounting bodies.

http://www.aat.org.au

Whether employers recognise it is another matter. There is no equivalent qualification in Australia to "convert" to except maybe MNIA status from the NIA.

You may need to think more in terms of "upgrading".
Old May 31st 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Upgrading?

Can you please elaborate on this? I thought I had to have a degree to cget a senior qualification in accounting out there?

What qualifications do purchase and sales ledger clerks have, do you know?
Old May 31st 2008, 4:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

Upgrading?

Can you please elaborate on this? I thought I had to have a degree to cget a senior qualification in accounting out there?

What qualifications do purchase and sales ledger clerks have, do you know?
Once again - the NIA caters best for this section of the market - MNIA would probably be the best designation to look for.

If you want more, then you will need to work to a degree (through distance learning) and do the CA/CPA Program.