Well, we've been back 4 months and in true Team Phillips' stylie have adopted the "Amanha" approach to getting sorted!
When we returned from our hols and decided to make the move, we said that if we sold one of our 2 houses (not rich, inherited one as a rental from family) then we would go. One out of the two needed to be sold to enable us to go. We only went and did it, exchanged and completed on the 30th August.
So, money in the bank, we embarked on my medicals, endless forms and doing up our house - which is a 200 year old wreck!
Nothing has really seemed real, because in actual fact, nothing has actually changed!
We're still pretty much in limbo land. The frightening thing being we've had to give notice on the eldest 2 kids' school; which means their home from after Christmas.
The forms are all going off in the post this week - after many problems with missing Deed Poll Certificate and finding an upstanding member of the community to sign applications etc!!
At least we know where we hope to settle and what we want to do - which are pretty important.
We've gleaned so much information from this site - exporting the dogs; rules and regulations; shippers etc, etc.
And made some cyber friends along the way!
Shall update when we've finally posted all the forms ... as I said should be this week ... knowing us probably be next month!