Immigration JournalThe story of two people who emigrated from the UK to Ontario, Canada July 2006.
Too good to be true?By a series of coincidences one of our neighbours has found out we are thinking of selling.
She contacted us to say that her son may be interested in buying our house. She popped round to take a look at the property and said she would have a word with him and arrange a viewing etc.
She knows how much we want for it and obviously knows the area etc. She also said that her son already has a house which he doesn't need to sell (possibly rented) so there would be no chain. Another interesting thing she said was that if we sold to him, we could stay in the property until we got the go-ahead to emigrate.
If all this goes ahead, it will be a dream come true. As anyone in our situation knows it is very hard to know when to put your house on the market to tie it in with recieving the relevant paperwork from Canada.
You could end up selling before PR received and have to rent or go to Canada on a visitors visa whilst you wait. Of course you could sell and not get accepted. Equally you can wait and then get all the paperwork in place but not be able to sell your house and have to move to Canada before it sells and without your equity.
Of course if all this works out it will be a major miracle, but my fingers are definately crossed!
<- Last Page :: Next Page ->